Monday, October 13, 2008

CRAZY signmaking lady..

I haven't dabbled into signmaking in quite sometime. I sort of hung up my hat around Spring, and decided to enjoy the lovely weather and carefree-ness of summer without any deadlines to meet. However fall has arrived, and with it church activities and Super Saturdays filled with homemade crafts.




Our own ward at church decided to do a Super Saturday, which they haven't done in years. Usually these consist of about a dozen crafts, that women sign up for in advance, and then come on Saturday for a no holds barred day of craftiness. This year we had homemade Hot Fudge, which was super taaty, and about seven other crafts. I had wanted to make Magnetic Boards, and was eager to figure out hoe to make and teach these. They also had mentioned they might want to do some tiles that had vinyl lettering. No biggie I can surely handle doing a few tiles for that day in addition to the magnetic boards.



Well, we had nine crafts, I had my hand in seven of them. Somehow the vinyl tiles turned into two different designs, and then Family Home Evening Boards with vinyl lettering, Christmas Ornaments with Vinyl Lettering, and then etching Pyrex dishes, with Vinyl stencils.



This might not have been so bad if I hadn't taken on an additional Super Saturday for another ward, and if the entire family including myself hadn't come down with the stomach flu the week before.


The good news is that all was accomplished and everything went off without a hitch. I have much sleep to make up for, and much laundry to catch up on, but I am $1100 richer between the two SS, and hopefully I will find the time to buy my self something fun.


Signmaking is back in full swing, and I have taken on three more Super Saturdays for the month of November, one local, one in Arizona and one in Texas. I am also doing contractor work for a vinyl lettering company started by two friends. Their website is:


http://www.adheringthoughts.com/


I now have access to lots of fun nativity block stencils, and other designs, so it's a win win situation, plus I'm getting paid..Woo Hoo.




If any of you are interested in doing projects for Christmas presents, feel free to contact me. I'd love to do more..

2 comments:

Sassy Lu said...

I "plugged" your little business on my blog. I don't know that you'll get any business from it, but it's possible. If you want me to remove it, please let me know and I will happily do it!

eight muddy feet said...

You're such a sweetheart..thanks for the plug!!