Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dave visits the mother-land


or, is it the "mother-ship". Yesterday he hopped on a plane and flew back to Redmond, WA for Microsoft's Blue Hat Security Conference. Click HERE if you're dying to know more. He will be gone till Saturday morning, when the kids and I will eagerly await his return. In the meantime I'm flying solo.


I find that the evenings are quieter and even though we have become accustomed to not seeing him two nights a week (due to school) I find that the kids are different when daddy won't be tucking them in. Crazier, yes. Messier, yes. Melancholy, yes. Daddy is just super cool. They save their special stories just for him. Yes, I usually get tid bits of the really juicy stuff. But when they tell him the story, it is so much more colorful and vibrant. They are so excited that sometimes their words get all smashed together in their exubernace to share then is almost incoherent. I know of two such stories that they are saving until his return. And their biggest fear is forgetting all the details.
I of course will have many stories to share as well, and just to give you a few juicy tid bits they include, "the entire bottle of bath bubbles", "yes, she climbed the entire thing by herself", and "mommy your my other friend"

No comments: