Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Daniel

On Sunday, Daniel celebrated his 9th Birthday!!


We celebrated with a family dinner of Daniel's favorites pot roast and mashed potatoes. For dessert, I made a Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake that was absolutely divine.

We'll be celebrating his birthday with friends later in the week, so more of that to come..


I can't believe my little boy is really 9. He is growing up to be such an amazing person, and I feel so blessed to be his mother. He is definitley the oldest child. He has an awareness of the world around him, that I constantly marvel at. He doesn't understand the need of others to have fancy cars, and why people care about the clothes they wear. However ask him what he wants to do when he's older, and he'll tell you he wants to be a millionare. Guess we still have a little bit of work to do. He's empathetic to others and their needs, and he has quite the imagination. He loves to play outside and of course loves to play the XBOX and computer. I am thankful for his short attention span that he can only handle bits at a time, and I never have to get after him to do something else. He is quite the artist, and loves to draw.

I love watching the person he is turning into.

Happy Birthday buddy, here's to another great year!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Happy birthday Daniel! 9 sounds so grown up!

By the way, that cake sounds wonderful - I would love a recipe :)

Sassy Lu said...

Wow! He is so grown up! Nine is such a fun age. Daniel is a great little guy! Happy Birthday!