Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe it is March, really March, where did that come from? I mean it seems as if we just started 2009. We are already getting notices about Spring Break, and activities for the spring from school. I have green shamrocks decorating my entry way and stairs, and behind it is the sweet pastels of Easter.

We have two birthdays to celebrate in our family this month as well.

Daniel will turn 9, and my sweet hubby will be 33. Daniel has changed his mind a gazillion times on what he wants to do for his birthday. I think we have settled into a gaming sleepover party with a few friends. We haven't decided when to have it, and with the beautiful weather and springtime activities we are trying to work around others schedules, so that needs to be decided.

Dave and I had decided to go away for the weekend to Catalina and celebrate his birthday, and a night away. We haven't since Caleb was 1 1/2. So 2 1/2 years ain't bad, right? I know there will be plenty of time for that when the kids get older, and honestly as much as they may make it, so I accomplish next to nothing in a day, I enjoy my children so much, and they are after all only little once. Back to the subject, work is keeping him busy, so it looks like we will have a belated birthday trip sometime in April (after Conference and Easter) so late April sometime..

First at hand is making these adorable leprechauns to adorn our shelves and make it more St. Patty's and less Easter for now.

We are also expecting a visit from Andy & Jennie this weekend, (maybe I should be cleaning the house instead of typing, heck that's what Friday is for)..

They are coming down for a trip to Disneyland and the kid's and Dave are playing hooky from work/school to play with them for a day at the Magic Kingdom. They are so excited. They are only out of school if they are sick, so this is a real treat, and with Daylight Savings we'll have an extra hour of light.

So Miss. March is here, with a day of green, birthday parties and family visiting we should be extra busy, but oh what fun we shall have!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love that leprechaun, how cute! I need to do something fun like that with my poor neglected kids :)

Have fun with Andy and Jennie! That will be a great weekend!