Friday, July 2, 2010

Busy Week...again!!

Daniel started Cub Scout Day Camp this week, and although at first he was hesitant and uninterested in going, he came home Monday afternoon so excited, and full of stories to tell.  He did everything from archery to shooting, to tomahawk throwing, and of course crafts.  The Marines (camp was on base) drove up the tanks and they were able to play on top of them, and inside them...he couldn't wait for the rest of the week.

Tuesday I went to Vista to visit my bestie Trish.  Even though the weather was gloomy and cool, we had a great time just talking while the kiddos played.  We have such an amazing friendship that can be picked up at anytime and it's just as we left it.  It was so easy and fun!! Can't wait for the sun to come out and share some beach days with them soon!!

Wednesday found me deep into my first summertime project, the dining room table.  After lots of wood putty, sanding, and several coats of paint, lets just say I still have a long way to go!! Hoping to finish it up this weekend...

Thursday the kiddos and I joined Daniel at camp.  The little ones went into the tot lot, while I was ad adult volunteer with his group.  My Dad also joined us which was fun for Daniel.  We were first treated to exotic animals, and even the actual monkey that was in Pirates of the Caribbean.  After that we did some tomahawk throwing, and I even tried it, and got one to stick..woo hoo.  After lunch with grandpa we said our goodbyes and I took the little ones back to their area.  We then did obstacle courses, learned survival skills, had the option to eat grubs and crickets, and learn how to trap animals and make shelters.  I was exhausted by the end of the day, and needed a good nights sleep to put in another day on Friday as a volunteer.

Friday morning I was awoken by Daniel in the bathroom.  He had caught the bug that has made it's way through most of our troop.  Wasn't thinking this is how the week would end, but on the flip side, I have a full nights rest, a sick kiddo, a whole house to clean, and a table to tackle.. I'm kind of looking forward to getting a lot accomplished today..wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

That cub scout camp is way cooler than anything I have heard of for boys in our stake. Way to go!

Sorry Daniel is sick! Hopefully he feels better soon and the rest of you don't get it! That's the worst!