Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Last week (even with bullet points)

We've been busy..as usual!!

I was called to be the Assistant Den Leader for Scouts, so I am currently over the Wolves, and really lovin' it. I'm working on finishing up two boys in the next few months, organize Blue & Gold Banquet (which is tomorrow) and get the boys going on Pinewood Derby. That and training has kept me busy a few days out of the week.

The rest of the week seems to be filled with days at the park, multiple trips to Costco and the store (I've been extremely bad at bringing a list, who knew we were out of wipes) and picking up kids from school. I've also tried to fit in some St. Patty's crafts which are only half done (hey, it's not even March yet!!) and get somewhat caught up on the house, which I'm not even close to. Being sick really threw me off my game, and the laundry piled up, and the healthy kids had at the house.

So, the last week has consisted of:

14 loads of laundry (only 11 have been put away)
12 baths ( Natalie loves her baths, and seems to get dirty just so she can get clean)
3 trips to Costco
2 trips to the store
2 trips to CVS
8 times I cleaned the kitchen (and it would only be half clean now!)
3 times I cleaned the floors
3 Banana breads baked and eaten
4 times I put away the towels (that litle miss thinks are fun to play with)
2 times a day vacuumed one room or another
4 jumps on the trampoline
3 days to the park
2 days to play with friends
1 trip to IKEA ( just for the heck of it)
?? number of diapers and pull-ups I changed (NO, Caleb is still not potty trained!!, darn-it!!)
1 Mommy's Night Out (much needed and deserved)

The kids are doing great.
  • Daniel just passed his 6x in school, and loves scouts, and that his Mom gets to help now. He is reading more, and enjoying it more, which I love to see. He's very aware of things around him, and always makes amazing observations. He is a great big brother, and has a true soft spot for his little sister.
  • Josh is working on the SRA "Sam" series, and wants to read faster, he really loves school, but his complaining and whining has reached new heights, and if it kills me I'm going to help him see the silver lining on things.
  • Caleb is my little helper in the kitchen, and really loves to help. He plays really good with Natalie and loves to accompany her on her many baths, we are still working on potty training which he has no interest for, but is excited for school in the fall, so there is hope. Maybe by his birthday!!
  • Natalie is learning new things each day, and says "da-ee", and "ma-ma", or just "ma" (which I'm not so fond of, more the tone I think than anything). She entertains us all, and seems to be just as much an imp at making messes as Caleb was (and is at times). She's still super little, but seems to be growing up as her pants are getting shorter (could be the dryer too!!)


No comments: