Sunday, April 25, 2010

What have we been up to, you ask??

Well, I realized I haven't posted in a week and a half, so thought I'd do a quick update.

After Spring Break, the kids got back to school and routines.  We visited Disneyland one evening, and then last weekend enjoyed a relaxing weekend in the mountains, where we really did nothing but relax.  Dave's work has been crazy busy including some really late nights, and it was much needed for all of us.

This last week was such a wierd week.  We had playdates with little friends, and I was able to help out in class again.  Our teachers went on strike on Thursday and I found myself at home with all four kiddos.  I was able to catch up on laundry and made them finish their homework in hopes of the teachers returning on Friday. That evening was Cub Scout Pack Meeting and Daniel received two activity badges for "athlete" and "fitness".  Way to go bud!!

Friday came and the strike was still on, homework finished, and not much else to do we found ourselves playing board games, watching movies, and visiting the park.

This weekend we made a drive up to Long Beach to have lunch with Amy & Doug before they enjoyed their fun evening together.  We feasted on nummy fish tacos and views of the port of Long Beach while the kiddos played in the sand. 

That evening, I enjoyed a "mommy night" with a sweet friend.  Great conversation, new projects to work on, and delish chinese food left me refreshed and more appreciative of my sweet family and the great friends that surround me, along with much appreciation to my Heavenly Father that knows me, and the desires of my heart.

This week is going to be as "off" as last week.  The teachers are still on strike with no end in sight.  The school is doing their best, but at most the school days are filled with crossword puzzles and worksheets and lots of play time outside.  Safety is also a big issue with security guards posted at all entrance/exits.  I feel better having my children at home, and tomorrow will work on math with the boys.  As a treat I'm thinking it's a perfect day for the beach with temperatures reaching 75.

Not sure what'll else will come, but whatever it may be, I'm sure it will keep me on my toes!!

No comments: