Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Early Morning


So it was dark this morning, when I woke up for the third, or fourth time, I really can't remember which.

I have a sick baby, and a toddler that has recently become uncomfortable with the dark. I also should mention that my hubby wasn't feeling too well last night when he arrived home at the late hour from his class, so I persuaded him to take a NyQuil and some hot chocolate. As you can see I sealed my fate for the early morning help, since he was out light like a light.

The funny thing is that I was not disturbed by my late night, early morning wake-ups. I think in these situations you either have compassion or frustration, and luckily for my children it was all compassion this time. Natalie practically threw up on me, and after a few changes, and some towels strategically placed she got back to sleep. Caleb needed a bit of fussing and a light turned on and off a few times for his liking.

The thing I did not like was that it was dark at 5:41am.

Now I'm sure you are wondering why I would even care if it was dark at 5:41am. Well, as a New Year's treat to myself I signed myself up for a boot camp for the next four weeks. It starts on Monday at it is at the early hour of 5:30am. I am not a morning person. I never have been.

So why on earth would I sign up for something so dang early?
I keep asking myself the same question. I guess the real reason is that all other times during the day I am flying solo with children in tow. I need a good kick in the butt to get going, and now I realize that I will be doing it in the dark. I will be watching the sun rise as I sweat.

What the heck??

There's no backing out now, and I am actually looking forward to this. I look forward to a healthier happier 2009 and this is my way of starting it.

Even if it is starting in the dark..

3 comments:

Sassy Lu said...

I am no morning person either, so I have total compassion for you! That's impressive that you're so motivated. The Y and Wii Fit have become my friends, but I don't utilize them nearly enough. Good luck with you kick start!

BTW - We were beginning to seriously think about coming to the beach this summer, but Joe is hearing rumors that he may have to deploy again before the end of the year. It's all up in the air right now. Sorry we can't give anyone a concrete answer! But hey, you'll be looking totally hawt when summer rolls around!

eight muddy feet said...

Just know that you are always welcome, and you don't need to make any promises just yet. We would love to see you, but we also understand your situation, just let me know before I do all the food shopping the week before!!

Thanks for the good luck wishes, I am excited, and hopefully I'll be looking super hot!!

Mary said...

You can do it! I am impressed you are going to do that and think I would wimp out - but the best part is that you paid money and you are signed up for a class so that should be enough motivation to get you out the door each day. You are already cute, but I'm sure you will look and feel great!! Have fun!