Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!

It's funny how the meaning of Valentine's Day has changed for me over the years.


When I was in my teen years, it was about having a special someone as your Valentine. Flowers, chocolate, and cute cards with words of affection and love.


When Dave and I were first married it was homemade dinners by candlelight in our modest living room. Then it became fancy dinners at nice restaurants over looking the ocean, and walks on the beach. As children blessed our lives it was a quick dinner stolen away on whatever weekend was adjacent to the day of sweethearts.


Now that the kids are older it consists of paper hearts, glue, and stickers. Homemade crafts, and homemade Valentine's for school. Now the holiday is more about the kids and making it fun for them.


So to all my Valentine's (you little four that I adore ) and (my best friend and true love, Dave) how you have blessed my life, and made this a truly wonderful day for me, what more could I want..


except for..


...a day at Disneyland with all my sweethearts.


The kids were out of school on Friday, and Dave put in a short day at work. I spent all morning washing clothes and packing up the car. We picked him up and despite pouring rains we pressed on. By the time we arrived the rain had subsided and the crowds had cleared. We went on quite a few rides with less than 10 minutes wait on each. The kids had an opportunity to spend some Disney Dollars from Christmas (Thank you Great Gram and Zak & Annika), and then we hurried on our way to our next destination.


..the mountains to play in the snow for the weekend.



The kids quickly fell asleep and our journey up the mountain was slow and steady thanks to lots and lots of snow on the ground. We arrived safely in the wee hours of the morning, and thanks to my superior packing job, grabbed jammies and left the rest till morning.


...chocolate waffles with berry sauce



I found this great recipe, from my friends at Our Best Bites, and they seriously looked as good as the picture, and tasted even better. The kids scoured them down, and then suited up to play in the snow.


and next..

..popcorn, movies, and a well deserved nap.





What a perfect Valentine's weekend!!

No comments: