Friday, February 6, 2009

Bunch of sickies!!!


Well we have been a bunch of sickies lately. I believe Josh had it first, then Daniel, then Caleb, then Nataliw, then Dave, and lucky me was last on the list. The kids had mild flu like symptoms that kept them out of school for a day, but they were feeling back to their normal selves by the next day. DAve came down with strep throat, and missed a few days of work, and here it is Friday and I'm the sick one, with an entire house of healthy, busy children.


Needless to say we haven't done a whole lot this week. I need to get busy and figure out cute original Valentine's for next week. Last year we did these, and they turned out so cute. So the bar is up there, so we'll see what I come up with, oh and I'm trying to avoid using candy in them.


Last Saturday, I had Boy Scout training, yes I'm a den leader now for the Bears. Afterwards the other leader that I attended with, drove us home via PCH, and her hubby's Mercedes convertible. Yes, we had the top down in January, and it was 70 degrees. After such a beautiful ride home, I was inspired. I packed up some fruit and drinks, grabbed a nearly comotose husband and we drove to Laguna Beach and enjoyed Crystal Cove. The water was freezing, but that didn't deter the kids, and we flew a kite, and enjoyed our picnic. For pics check out the tab with Pictures.


So here it is a week later, the skies are cloudy and it rained yesterday and today. I'm sick and feeling sluggish and tired.


Was it really only a week ago that I was running on the beach with the kids?


I need to get better, the skies need to clear, and I need to get back to business. I will take the weekend to recover..


after all it will soon be another week, and fresh start.


1 comment:

Mary said...

I hope you feel better soon!

That picture is really pretty and makes me so excited to come visit this summer!