Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break - Day One


Spring Break - Day One

We started our first real day of vacation off rather slow. Breakfast followed by a movie, followed by playing, and then a nap for Miss Natalie. I could no longer resist the beautiful weather outside and packed up the kids, towels, and sand toys off to the beach we went. It was a beautiful day, and even though the water is still quite chilly, we all found ourselves playing amongst the waves. We built sand castles, and dug holes (the kid's favorite). By early evening we had had our fill, and my goodness I need to figure out what's for dinner.


We have many things planned this week, the kid's have been working on our schedule. Everything from dying eggs, to having friends over, swimming, the park, and of course more beach.

Tomorrow we will head down to Escondido and visit my grandma and my parents. Daniel is begging me to take him to Target so he can spend his birthday money, so if Mom & Dad oblige maybe he and I can go solo and enjoy some one on one time together.

I love that even though we don't have elaborate plans of visiting some far off place, or skiing in the mountains, that my kids are super excited to have some time off, and play with their most favorite person ever, ME.

(OK, it may quite possibly be Daddy, but I'm pretending it's me anyway!!)

No comments: