Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Break - Day Two


Spring Break - Day Two

Today we again had a lazy morning (am I noticing a trend) followed by getting everyone dressed and out the door for a visit to Escondido.

I waited till Natalie's nap time, so she could slumber on the drive down, she willfully obliged, and the boy's watched Bolt for the umpteenth time as we drove.

We grabbed lunch, and our first stop was at my Gram's home. I had made the kids wait to eat till we got there, you can imagine the moans and groans on the entire eight minutes it took from MickeyD's to her place. I was hoping it would keep them somewhat occupied for the first ten minutes of our visit. They happily ate, after all they were starving, but some it seemed more than others. Afterwards they busied themselves with boggle letters, dominoes, and playing cards. My mom was there and helped to contain the confusion somewhat. (I mean four kids in a two bedroom apartment, that just ate and are rarin' to go) I meanwhile visited with my Gram and enjoed carnitas from Chipotle while we talked.

As the kids got busyer and bored, it became quite obvious that we had outstayed our welcome. I quickly finished up with some computer repairs (yes, my sweet husband's talents did rub off on me) as my Mom took the kids to get her mail, and take out the trash. I think Caleb made a few solo trips in the elevator, along with a fire bell to announce is arrival at least once, and Natalie was getting tired and fussy (I forget it's less than an hour drive down) that really isn't long enough to maintain her sweet disposition.

We said our goodbye's with hugs and kisses for all, and then made a short visit to my parents home before we headed home for dinner.

My grandma isn't doing too well, but she is quite the trooper. My parents and a nearby aunt in LA, have been watching over her and keeping her company 24-7 for the last week and half or so. I was grateful for the conversation and to visit with her. As we talked I noticed her voice was no longer weak, but strong and vibrant. I believe it is so true that people can mend one's spirit, and give them strength just with simple conversation. I know she did for me, and I hope that maybe I did too.

No comments: