Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Another one...

I can vividly remember the memory of being at a car lot, as my parents purchased a new car. I remember the lights in the dark lot as it was close to closing, and I remember balling like a baby because we were losing our beloved Lynx (car). I was so sad. The excitement of the new car didn't affect me at all, because I was losing a beloved part of my past.

Last week the same flood of emotions ran through me. I didn't ball like a baby, but there were a few times that I was misty eyed. The thought of never seeing the car that all my boys had been babies in. Picking up Daniel from Kindergarten, bringing Josh and Caleb home from the hospital in. Moving up to Escondido, moving up to Orange County.


Our first new new car.



We had it for nine years, and boy did we run that baby into the ground. We put less than a $1000 into it over those nine years, and that was just tires and brakes. It was needing work, more tires, brakes, shocks, trasmission, and it was our only car that could tow the tent trailer. It also could no longer fit our entire family, so were looking into putting in over $1000 to put a two package onto the van. Money money money what were we to do..



Buy a new (used) car (truck)..




Check out Dave's new baby...









He's excited to be a truck guy again, and that we have two cars that can fit all 6 of us..


Here's to a new chapter in our (car) lives..



No comments: