Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Busy Week

Last week was fun, and busy. We spent oodles of time outdoors, and enjoyed the wonderful holiday weekend.





On Monday and Tuesday we visited the beach with friends. I'm trying to make it my goal to transplant sand from as many different beaches as I can. Yes, try as I might to clean them out, we take home a little sand from each beach trip we make, and it is all so different, as are the beaches.






Wednesday we visited the Del Mar Fair. Ok, so it's not called that anymore. But, it will forever be that to me!!

We had a great time, and filled up on BBQ turkey legs, funnel cake, fried everything, and rode tons of rides. My parents joined us later in the evening and we had a great time with them, especially when mommy and grandpa won the kids stuffed animals. (the highlight of the trip)




Thursday we played outside in the sunshine and in the pool.



Friday we enjoyed having Daddy home, and did lots of errands in preperation for our camping trip next week. That evening we made the trek down to Esco to celebrate my mommy's bday, and we even got to see my great gma while we were there.




Saturday morning we woke up bright and early, and enjoyed a pancake breakfast at the church for 4th of July and a bike parade for all the kids.

Afterwards we swam at our friends house, then enjoyed a nummy BBQ at home, followed by some homemade ice cream.

Then we packed up the kiddos and made our way down to the pier to watch fireworks. They were amazing, and the finale was spectacular!!

No comments: