Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another Year Older and Wiser?

This last week, I celebrated my 33rd birthday. (Wow, it looks pretty wierd when you see it all typed out like that.) It was a very low key, simple birthday, very much like myself.


I enjoyed a wonderful day at the beach with the kiddos and my best friend. We chatted the day away, watched the kids play in the sand and water, make numerous trips to the play structure and bathrooms, have little ones fall asleep in our arms, and enjoy the beautiful sunny day together.


Afterwards, I treated the kids to ice creams on the way home, in honor of it being a special day and all. We came home and cleaned up. A nice shower after a day at the beach can be pure heaven.


Dave brought home all sorts of goodies, from beautiful gerbera daisies to a delicious dinner and dessert (courtesy of Claim Jumper) I gorged myself on Chicken Fried Steak, and opened presents from my sweeties, then we all blew out candles on Chocolate Cake (I need help, I'm getting old after all).


We sent the kiddos to bed after all the festivities, I put on my new compfy jammies and then Dave and I tried, with great effort to eat an entire I Declair by ourselves. My tummy is full, and my heart is also. I love my simple little life, filled with my family and friends. A perfect day, and another year older.


I Declair - Sweet pastry filled with a buttery Bavarian custard and atop vanilla bean ice cream with hot fudge & homemade whipped cream

1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday (Late)! It sounds like you had a really nice day. And that dessert looks amazing!