Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pool, Park and Beach

Summer days usually begin the same almost every day. Mommy spends the morning picking up around the house, maybe starting a load of laundry or two, and cleaning up the kitchen. Then the big question..

"So, what do you guys want to do today?"

Sometimes I've already planned to meet up with friends that week, so the choices are fewer, but we usually do the same three things every week: beach, park, and pool.

This week we played at the pool with friends, and met a new family that just moved into our ward. Yay, more kids (and more boys!!) Wednesday, I spent some time working on my great project of the garage, then we did an errand day filled with Costco, Trader Joes, Wal-Mart, and Michaels followed by a day at the park.

Dave left us Thursday evening to join his brothers in Las Vegas for DEFCON, and a fun filled weekend of non-stop game playing.

Friday we spent at the beach, and I so enjoyed watching my children play together. This time Caleb's sleepiness gave way, and he cuddled close to me as he slumbered away. Natalie played with the two oldest boys, and it was so fun to watch them play with her amongst the waves, bury her in the sand, and make her laugh.

I know that she has blessed our family in countless ways, but I also am so grateful that she is going to make my boys better husbands and fathers because of her sweet girly ways. They are experiencing and learning from her without even knowing it. She has brought out their sweeter, more gentler side, and I've even seen glimpses of that "overbearing big brother" side at times.

As I put the last sleeping child to bed Friday night, I had a huge smile on my face. My kids are so awesome, and dang I'm a lucky girl!!

2 comments:

Sassy Lu said...

You are a lucky girl! Growing up in a house of all females, I am always amazed at the dynamic that exsists in my home of boys AND girls now. Families are such a divine creation!

heidi said...

I love all the fun things you do with your kids. You have always been a positive person and that is one of the things I remember about you most!! Sometime we'll have to meet at the beach, I would love to see you.