Monday, September 7, 2009

Road Trip - Day Two

As we got back on the road we noticed that the rain and fog from the day before had dissappeared, and it was going to be a beautiful day.

We made our way into the heart of San Francisco, and found a parking place big enough for both the truck and tent trailer, only a few blocks away from the wharf. The sun was shining, and their was a breeze as we got closer to the water.

We walked around Pier 39, and enjoyed fish sandwiches and fish and chips for lunch.

The boys loved going through the naval museum, and I found myself quite nostalgic looking through the old memorabilia. The ship pictured actually came across the banks of Normandy, and I was choked up as I read the account. So many have sacrificed their lives for what we have today...


collage1

collage2

1 comment:

Sassy Lu said...

What a fantastic trip! I haven't heard of a few of the places you visited, but they all look like so much fun. BTW - Your new dog is soooo cute!