Tuesday, September 15, 2009

That kid cracks me up..

IMG_6774

Over two weeks ago I met with the Speech Pathologist to go over the routine for evaluating Caleb's speech. I thought she would listen, evaluate, and give the proper course of action to take. Much to my surprise we went over paper work, and scheduled the next eight appointments spreading over the next two months with various speech pathologists, psychologists, and nurses.

I can definitley say they are thorough!!

Today was Part 1, where he was evaluated by both a speech pathologist and psychologist. Natalie and I played with various toys as I listened in on the fun. They had him do various puzzles to evaluate his problem solving skills, they had him color, and best of all they asked him verbal questions.

Here are a few gems..

SP: How many ears do you have?

Caleb: My Dad has big ears, he's giant. He has a monster truck that goes fast, it's giant too. It has a trailer and we go camping. My dad is cool. My mom is small, she has small ears.

SP: So many ears do you have?

Caleb: one, two (pointing to each ear) Two!

SP: What colors are in the rainbow?

Caleb: My dad has a red shirt. He wears it to work, he likes red. My brother likes blue, he has a blue car that goes fast. My dad has a blue car, My car is black. Natalie has balloons, they are pink, she had a birthday. Josh likes all colors.

SP: So are those colors in the rainbow?

Caleb: Yeah, and others.


Both of the ladies were completely enthralled and amused by him as was I.

I love this kid, he cracks me up!!


1 comment:

heidi said...

that is awesome! I love what comes out of kids mouths!!