Saturday, November 15, 2008

As of today, I have Christmas presents bought for each of the kids. I am working on homemade presents and of course still need to get lots of little things, but I'm well on my way. My goal is done for the most part by Thanksgiving.

This year we are staying home for Christmas and will do our holiday travel the day after Christmas. I am looking forward to baking, crafts and special Christmas-time activities. I just got the schedule for the Boat Parade of Lights around the Harbor, and Boat Rides & Breakfast with Santa.

I want to do lots of fun special family activities this year. So in preparation I am making my list early. What are some of your family Christmas-time traditions??

2 comments:

Sassy Lu said...

You are so far ahead of me. I only have a few measly items and a growing list in my head. We are also staying home this year and I'm actually very excited about it. Having Joe home with us this year is all we need.

We are low on the traditions at our house. Joe is a little ba-hum-bug about them. We stick with the simple things like going on drives to see the lights, reading the Christmas story and having clam chowder for dinner (an Anderson family tradition). Good luck with your holiday preppage!

Mary said...

You guys are both doing great! I have never shopped early, but then I have a few less kids to shop for too. But I have started a couple of projects, knowing it will take me a while to finish them before Christmas.

Traditions: It seems like our traditions are mostly food related. We also have clam chowder for Christmas Eve dinner - "Christmas Soup". YUM. I need to remember to get bread bowls this year, that makes it even better. Oh, new pj's are a must. When I was a kid we would dress up and act out the nativity and I think we are going to try to do that with some friends this year.

We are really excited to stay put this year! We have only done it a few times in our marriage and while we love being with everyone, it's fun to just do the holiday at home. I feel like I can decorate more, bake more, and we can relax and do things at our own pace.

Have fun!