Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas Druthers

Christmas Druthers


I got this from a few different people, so I thought I'd join in because I love the Christmas season! Play along if you want to!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love to wrap gifts, it is one of my favorite Christmas past times. I love the paper being just right, matching a big beautiful bow. That was always my job growing up, wrapping..

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real!! We always had a fake tree growing up that was perfect. I love imperfect, messy and super fragrant.

3. When do you put up the tree? As quickly after Thanksgiving as I can
4. When do you take the tree down? We try to get it down before New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not a huge fan, but Dave likes it, so I always indulge him with some.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? not sure
7. Hardest person to buy for? Parents
8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids. They never run out of endless ideas.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a few of them in fact. But I really want the Willow set.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Since the kids we always do one with a picture, I figure this at least updates everyone on how big the kids are getting.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? not sure

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? We have lots at our house...Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph, The Grinch, A Christmas Story, and The Polar Express.
13.When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as fall hits. My goal is to be done by Thanksgiving, and I am except for one present..
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? hmmmmm..., I don't think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas goodies, cookies, fudge, toffee..
16. Lights on the tree? Lots and lots of white lights!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Too many to just pick one!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I like staying home with my own family, we usually go to my parents for Christmas Eve and then visit Dave's parents before or after Christmas.

19.Can you name Santa's reindeer? You betcha....but I'm not going to type them all.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Presents from my parents Christmas Evem, and everything else at our house Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People so grumpy. They completely miss the reason for the season. It's not about shopping people..
23. Favorite theme or color? RED
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Our first after getting married. We got home the day after our honeymoon and opened all our wedding presents, and we're officially Mr & Mrs.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I have no idea!! I'm content just being with my family and enjoying this Christmas season and the true reason of it all, the Savior!!

No comments: