Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Is it Wednesday already..


Is it Wednesday already? It seems that the weeks are flying by. A little over a week and the house will smell of turkey and we'll be parked on the couch watching football. The kids will be running outside in the bright sunshine, and we'll have assembled snacks and crafts that somewhat resemble turkeys.

I love this season, Thanksgiving prepares us for Christmas. It reminds us of family, friends and food and things we are truly thankful for. We thinking of grattitude and we are humbled by all that we have. Then we have a chance to act on that grattitude and give something special to those that mean the most to us. If money wasn't an object at all, what would you give?? What would make those that are near and dear to your heart the most happiest, and think of you often when they looked at their most special perfect gift ever??

3 comments:

Sassy Lu said...

I wish I could give the gift of true self-worth (knowing that they are truly a child of God) and a strong work ethic to everyone. If you know you can accomplish something no matter how hard and are willing to work for what you want, you can accomplish so much more than if someone gave you a load of money. Kind of like that fable "give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime".

eight muddy feet said...

Val~

I so loved that, and you a strong work ethic is definitley lacking in today's society. I truly hope to instill that into my children, and help them to appreciate the blessings they have.

Mary said...

What a great post Tasha!

Valorie, those are true gifts, nicely said!

My first thought was, "If money wasn't an obstacle, I would buy my sister a house." She could use one!