Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day Off

After all the craziness of the last few weeks, I gave myself the day off today.

Yes, I still have orders to do, but they are smaller, and thanks in part to the owner of the website being overwhelmed as well, I don't have any new orders to keep up with. So my list is dwindling.

It was so refreshing to wake up and not think of the million things I "should" be doing. If I got to them great, but their was no "to do" list that I should be checking. I had a quieter morning, and slowly got ready for a friends' birthday lunch. We all met at another friend's house, and gabbed and ate nummy food and snacks while children ran around us playing. We told silly stories about our younger days, "OK we're not that old", and we laughed until we cried. I finished up the rest of the afternoon/evening with the kids doing homework and getting them ready and into bed.

As I reflect on today, I must say I feel lighter, more carefree. I know there are probably a million things that need being done around here, but they don't seem to mind waiting. The weekend is ahead and many things will be accomplished I am sure, but for know I am completely content finishing up the rest of my "day off" doing practically nothing.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so glad you had a day off! You sound like one busy girl!

Sassy Lu said...

You deserved a day off! Hope you enjoyed yourself!